- - - ALWAYS OBEY ALL GOVERNMENT COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND REGULATIONS - - -
Most boat and watercraft owners have (or certainly should have) a regular vessel cleaning routine. COVID-19 however, has meant that more care should be taken when out on the water to ensure the health and safety of all on board. This support article outlines some effective steps you can take to help keep yourself and Crew safe on trips.
The first simple check you should be doing before anyone steps on board is a general check of people’s overall health. While this may seem obvious, it can easily be overlooked.
- No visible signs of illness
- Simply take the time to ask if everyone has been feeling well
- Remember social distancing and give people space
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Radios, navigation and audio equipment
- Door handles, latches, eskies, live bait boxes
- Seats and handrails
- Fishing equipment if you are allowing others to share
In addition to cleaning the above-mentioned areas thoroughly after each trip, you should make the following available on your boat:
- Alcohol hand sanitiser
- Hand wash
- Ensure adequate potable water for frequent hand cleaning
- Disinfectant wipes
Remember to let Crew know that you have these available and where they are located.